Komodo National Park, Indonesia
Posted On March 5, 2021
Komodo National Park is located in the lesser Sunda Islands. It is a group of islands that lies on the border of East Nusa Tenggara and West Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia. The park is famous for Komodo Dragons, the world’s largest lizard.
Apart from the Komodo Dragons, the park also offers some beautiful islands with spectacular views, underwater life, and beautiful beaches. You can also find some other species of wildlife in the park such as deer and birds.
Most of the islands in the National Park are dry and savannah. It is hot and easy to burn, so you are recommended not to smoke while in the park. The sea in the National Park has a strong current for some places.
Getting to Komodo National Park
The best access to get there is from Labuan Bajo, East Nusa Tenggara. Labuan Bajo is the only main gateway to visit the park
Below are the best ways to get there:
- Flight from Bali to Labuan Bajo, and then get on the boat tour. You can take liveaboard tours or full-day tour packages. Depending on the length of your holiday.
- Boat trip from Lombok for 4 days and 3 nights. Enjoy sailing to some of the best tourist destinations around Lombok and Sumbawa islands before you get there.
For the best Komodo tour arrangements, you need to book in advance. This is always the best thing to do for some travelers.
Recommended Activities to Do
The Park is famous for Komodo Dragons. It is the largest lizard in the world with a length of about 3 meters and its weight can go to 100 kg. Besides Komodo Dragons, you can also visit some beautiful islands.
Below are the best activities to do while you visit the Park:
- Snorkeling, diving, and swimming. Some of the places like Manjarite, Pink beach, Manta Point, and Batu Bolong are recommended places for snorkeling and diving.
- Trekking on Rinca Island for a spectacular view and finding Komodo Dragons and other species of wildlife.
- Enjoy hiking on Padar island for sunset and spectacular views of great island formation.
- Hiking on Komodo Island to find Komodo Dragons and other wildlife. You can also visit Komodo village.
If you are having difficulty finding the best thing to do, you can ask our team when making a booking. We operate daily in Labuan Bajo, visit our office. You can also contact us via email through our contact details on the menu. Our team is ready to give you the best of your requests.