Travel Guides to Labuan Bajo
Posted On March 28, 2021
Labuan Bajo is the capital city of West Manggarai – East Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia. It is one of the best Indonesian tourism destinations. Here we have listed some travel guides to Labuan Bajo, how to get there, what you need to bring, and things to do.
The tourism area covers Komodo National Park. The city of Labuan Bajo is the main gateway to enter the Komodo National Park. The port of Labuan Bajo is also the main harbor for a ferry uploading passengers from Sape.
Essential Travel Guides to Labuan Bajo
Labuan Bajo can be accessed by air, sea, and land. It is not very difficult as all the transportation is daily operating to the town.
The best way to get there is from Bali and Lombok. Below are some recommended ways to get there:
- Flight from Denpasar (Bali) to Labuan Bajo International Airport. It will take approximately 1 – 1/2 hours. The flight companies are Garuda Indonesia, Citilink, and Batik Air. They depart at different times in the morning and afternoon.
- Flight from Jakarta to Labuan Bajo. Some airplanes offer a direct flight to Labuan Bajo, it will take 2 1/2 hours. While some are available for a stop, it will take approximately 3 hours and 40 minutes by Batik Air.
- PELNI from Bali and Lombok. The big ship is only scheduled 2 times a month, it will take approximately 27 to 30 hours.
- Ferry and bus from Bali to Labuan Bajo for approximately 32 hours.
- Bus and Ferry from Lombok for approximately 27 hours.
- Join the 4 days boat trip from Lombok. This trip is available 3 times a week.
What do you need to bring?
As a traveler, you are aware that you are away from your home for a holiday. You need to pack everything that you need to have on your holiday. Below are some of our recommended things you need to bring:
- Make sure to bring your passport, identity card, and travel insurance. Other documents are also needed, you may bring them with you.
- Backpack or language with enough clothes
- Trekking shoes, hat, sunscreen, and sunglasses
- A raincoat is also needed whenever the climate is changed
- Personal medicine, just in case there is not a clinic nearby
Don’t forget to find your local contact while you are in Labuan Bajo. For example, your travel agency. This is a very important thing when you have problems during your holiday.
Recommended Holiday Activities
Labuan Bajo is well known as one of the best destinations to visit in Indonesia. The town offers some spectacular views and small hills dominate the city.
Below are some of the recommended things to do while in Labuan Bajo:
- Join Day tour, visit Cunca Wulang Canyon, Cunca Rami Waterfall, Batu Cermin Cave, and Bukit Silvia.
- Watching a spectacular whip fight (Caci), a traditional dance of Manggarai called Caci
- Visit Goa Rangko, a famous natural salted water inside the cave called Goa Rangko. This is one of the most amazing places to visit while in Labuan Bajo.
- Join the Komodo boat tour from Labuan Bajo. There are a few options you can take, they are a full-day tour and overnight tour (live abroad).
If you expect to join the Komodo trip, you can contact us for details.